Executive Engineer - Facade
- Should have a minimum of 10 years’ technical experience working within the Façade Industry, with a minimum 5 years’ experience working for a Façade Consultancy.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and professionally at a high level working with developers and architects.
- Have a clear understanding of the key Standards and Codes to the relevant line of work.
- Must have Structural Degree Qualification
- Should be proficient on structural software such as RFEM, Strand, Staad Pro as well as Flixo Thermal software.
The role involves:
- Supporting the Executive Façade Manager in the day to day running of the technical department;
- Manage staffing and technical standards of the Team;
- Support Meinhardt Group Directors and Managers in multidiscipline bids and projects;
- Responsible for enforcing Meinhardt Project Profitability procedures;
- Set design criteria, check design calculation and drawings;
- Agree on design concepts with Façade Manager;
- Ensure concept and sketch designs are approved before progressing to the next stage;
- Ensure accuracy of all works carried out by the Team;
- Ensure timeliness of production of works carried out by the Team;
- Oversee and control efficiency and quality of work produced by the Team members;
- Allocate resources including human resource to various projects;
- Assist in preparing fee proposals;
- Control scope of work in relation to fee;
- Advise and report to the Executive Façade Manager on the adequacy of the services and the performance of each individual member
- Ensure Team members are adhering to Company rules and regulations and comply with ISO Quality Procedures;
- Formalize standards for specifications, drawings etc. in conjunction with other Team Leaders and Façade Managers in other Meinhardt Offices;
- Keep Team members informed and aware of the latest practices, materials availability, legislative rules and regulations etc;
- Update Team members on latest project developments;
- Investigate and recommend on engineering system selection;
- Prepare design reports at concept and sketch design stages;
- Handle all correspondence including reports, technical specifications, and other documents relating to Team projects;
- Ensure design, documentation work carried out by team members is correct and comply with codes and local authority requirements;
- Ensure various project submissions are made on time and follow up on approvals;
- Spot checks on design and documentation work carried out by others;
- Carrying out detail design and calculations of complicated areas personally and explaining the same to other engineers and technicians;
- Prepare and monitor cost and quantity estimates;
- Attend design/site meetings, including all other important meetings with Architects, Clients and Authorities
This role offers diverse, interesting and challenging work with excellent remuneration and a career path within a professional environment. We are committed to fostering a culture that empowers our people, promotes teamwork and encourages sustainability.
Working within the global Meinhardt team, this provides extensive career prospects whilst providing an environment that empowers, encourages sustainability and promotes team work, visit http://www.mfacade.com/ , http://www.meinhardt.net
If the opportunity Interests you please send your Curriculum Vitae, salary expectations and a 1 page introduction letter by email to the following address:
hr(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)meinhardt.net