Senior Façade Engineer – Auckland
Meinhardt Façade Technology Pty Ltd has recently opened an Auckland office providing façade consultancy services to a range of local and international iconic projects. Recent and current projects include the Parks Residence project and the Civic Quarter project with a strong client base we look to grow the business in providing a quality service as a First-Tier Façade Consultant.
With a strong forward workload, we are seeking a qualified and experienced Façade Consultant to join our growing Auckland team in a full-time position. The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and abilities:
- Holds a recognised degree in Façade Engineering, Structural Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Architecture or equivalent
- A minimum of 8-10 years’ façade related experience
- The ability to collaborate effectively with architects, consultants and project stakeholders
- Awareness of weather performance and building physics requirements including solar control, thermal performance, fire, acoustics, ventilation and wind design
- Expertise in materials such as glass, aluminium and stainless steel
- Superior report and specification writing skills
- The ability to prepare clear and detailed free hand sketches to illustrate design solutions
- The ability to deliver work in a timely and technically competent manner
- The ability to review specialist contractor’s submissions
- A good understanding of the fabrication and installation of façade systems
- Experience within the local industry while not essential would be advantageous
- Have good Business Development skill with the ability to secure both new projects and clients.
You shall be required to:
- Undertake the design, engineering and documentation, provide specialist input, resolve technical problems and ensure quality of products and services on projects undertaken by the team;
- Responsible for the administration, all technical matters, resources required, performance on projects, profitability/costs and cash flow of the projects that are managed by you;
- Perform façade structural design and analysis calculations using governing codes and standards, engineering formulas, skills and experience;
- Use computer-assisted façade engineering and design software and equipment for simulation purposes and to prepare engineering design documents;
- Work closely with the Associate and Technical Directors on all technical matters relating to the projects;
- Investigate and recommend on engineering system selection;
- Undertake liaison and coordination with other designers, including architects, and other engineers to agree on safe designs and their fit with the aesthetic and concept of the construction;
- Prepare design reports at concept and sketch design stages;
- Assist the project teams with all aspect of project implementation, including but not limited to site and factory inspection, quality, audits, reports preparation, etc.;
- Work under minimal supervision with defined areas of responsibility;
- Check the quality and accuracy of your own and others’ work;
- Meet agreed deadlines;
- Author non-standard letters, reports and other documentation;
- Represent the team/group/profession/discipline at external meetings;
- Undertake liaison and coordination with other designers, including architects, and other consultants;
- Handle routine contract administration;
- Demonstrate capability and experience in managing and performing projects in a fast paced environment;
- Has sole responsibility for significant and complex activities or projects.
This role offers diverse, interesting and challenging work with excellent remuneration and a career path within a professional environment. We are committed to fostering a culture that empowers our people, promotes teamwork and encourages sustainability.
Working within the global Meinhardt team, this provides extensive career prospects whilst providing an environment that empowers, encourages sustainability and promotes team work, visit http://www.mfacade.com/
If the opportunity Interests you please send your Curriculum Vitae, salary expectations and a 1 page introduction letter.