Senior Façade Consultant / Engineer – Dubai Office
We are currently seeking a candidate with an engineering or architectural degree/background to take up the role of Senior Facade Consultant, to be based in our Dubai office.
The suitable candidate would have a well-rounded experience in façade consultancy, a strong structural engineering background would be preferred. The candidate should have a minimum of 5 years experience working for a major façade consultancy and previous experience within the façade industry. We are open to candidates from all over the globe, the middle east experience is not essential.
The role is ideal for a highly motivated candidate being a team player, having experience as a Façade Consultant/Engineer in a similar organization, who are looking for a rewarding career and wants to join a dynamic consultancy practice.
- Should have a minimum of 10 years’ technical experience working within the Façade Industry, with a minimum 5 Years’ experience working for a Façade Consultancy
- Holds a recognized degree in Façade Engineering, Structural Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Architecture or equivalent
- A minimum of 5-10 years’ façade related experience
- The ability to collaborate effectively with architects, consultants and project stakeholders
- Awareness of weather performance and building physics requirements including solar control, thermal performance, fire, acoustics, ventilation and wind design
- Expertise in materials such as glass, aluminium and stainless steel
- Superior report and specification writing skills
- The ability to prepare clear and detailed freehand sketches to illustrate design solutions
- The ability to deliver work in a timely and technically competent manner
- The ability to review specialist contractor’s submissions
- A good understanding of the fabrication and installation of façade systems
- Experience within the local industry while not essential would be advantageous
- Have good Business Development skill with the ability to secure both new projects and clients
You shall be required to
- Undertake the design, engineering and documentation, provide specialist input, resolve technical problems and ensure the quality of products and services on projects undertaken by the team;
- Responsible for the administration, all technical matters, resources required, performance on projects, profitability/costs and cash flow of the projects that are managed by you;
- Perform façade structural design and analysis calculations using governing codes and standards, engineering formulas, skills and experience;
- Use computer-assisted façade engineering and design software and equipment for simulation purposes and to prepare engineering design documents;
- Work closely with the Associate and Technical Directors on all technical matters relating to the projects;
- Investigate and recommend on engineering system selection;
- Undertake liaison and coordination with other designers, including architects, and other engineers to agree on safe designs and their fit with the aesthetic and concept of the construction;
- Prepare design reports at the concept and sketch design stages;
- Assist the project teams with all aspect of project implementation, including but not limited to site and factory inspection, quality, audits, reports preparation, etc.;
- Work under minimal supervision with defined areas of responsibility;
- Check the quality and accuracy of your own and others’ work;
- Meet agreed deadlines;
- Author non-standard letters, reports and other documentation;
- Represent the team/group/profession/discipline at external meetings;
- Undertake liaison and coordination with other designers, including architects, and other consultants;
- Handle routine contract administration;
- Demonstrate capability and experience in managing and performing projects in a fast-paced environment;
- Has sole responsibility for significant and complex activities or projects.
This role offers diverse, interesting and challenging work with excellent remuneration and a career path within a professional environment. We are committed to fostering a culture that empowers our people, promotes teamwork and encourages sustainability.
Working within the global Meinhardt team, this provides extensive career prospects whilst providing an environment that empowers, encourages sustainability and promotes teamwork, visit http://www.mfacade.com/
If the opportunity Interests you please send your Curriculum Vitae, salary expectations and a 1-page introduction letter.