Glass wall design and engineering
Structure and architecture come together in transparent glass walls, tension trusses and cable nets. Meinhardt is passionate about the evolution of advanced structures.
We provide a complete range of services for glass walls, tension trusses, cable nets and other advanced structural glazing systems. This includes:
- Engineering concept – getting the concept right is the most fundamental and important step in the design process.
- Structural modeling – preliminary and advanced structural Finite Element Analysis (FEA) are undertaken.
- Boundary conditions – need careful consideration for pre-stressed systems.
- System detailing – details need to be both functional and elegant. Appearance is of paramount importance for these facade.
- Fabrication and assembly – including pre-tensioning and loading sequences.
- design option studies
- base structure analysis
- system design and detailing
- system engineering
- parts design and detailing
- pre-tensioning sequencing
- production inspections
- site inspections
- installation quality control
- forensic investigations
Open a PDF of the Glass Wall Design and Engineering technical bulletin