Technical Director - Facade
We are currently seeking a person with an engineering degree/background to take up the role of Technical Director – Façade, based in our Melbourne office.
Having a well-rounded knowledge in façade consultancy with a strong structural engineering background. We are looking for someone with 8 – 10 years working as a structural engineer either as a Façade Consultant or for a major Façade Contractor. The ideal candidate would be currently hold a position as a Façade Engineering Manager or Senior Façade Engineer looking to progress in the industry. Having a strong desire and interest in business development, to joining our Melbourne based team.
The role is ideal for a highly motivated candidate being a team player, having experience as a Technical Director in a similar organization, who is looking for a rewarding career and wants to join a business that is growing, values integrity, has industry leading experience and is recognized as one of the top Façade Consultancy firms both national and internationally.
- Should have a minimum of 10 years’ technical experience working within the Façade Industry, with a minimum 5 Years’ experience working for a Façade Consultancy.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and professionally at a high level working with developers and architects.
- Have a clear understanding of the key Standards and Codes to the relevant line of work.
- Must have Structural Degree Qualification
- Should be proficient on structural software such as RFEM, Strand, Staad Pro as well as Flixo Thermal software.
The role involves:
- Manage staffing and technical standards of the Team;
- Ensure profitability for the Team;
- Full responsible for enforcing Meinhardt Project Profitability procedures;
- Chair Team meetings and present minutes to Division Manager and Managing Director;
- Set design criteria, check design calculation and drawings;
- Agree on design concepts with Division Director;
- Ensure concept and sketch designs are approved before progressing to the next stage;
- Ensure accuracy of all works carried out by the Team;
- Ensure timeliness of production of works carried out by the Team;
- Oversee and control efficiency and quality of work produced by the Team members;
- Allocate resources including human resource to various projects;
- Assist in preparing fee proposals;
- Project invoicing;
- Carry out feasibility study;
- Control scope of work in relation to fee;
- Advise and report to the Director on the adequacy of the services and the performance of each individual member
- Ensure Team members are adhering to Company rules and regulations and comply with ISO Quality Procedures;
- Advise the Human Resource Department about the training and skill development needs of the Team;
- Formalize standards for specifications, drawings etc. in conjunction with other Team Leaders and Division Managers;
- Keep Team members informed and aware of the latest practices, materials availability, legislative rules and regulations etc;
- Update Team members on latest project developments;
- Control Team costs and team administration;
- Investigate and recommend on engineering system selection;
- Prepare design reports at concept and sketch design stages;
- Handle all correspondence including reports, technical specifications, and other documents relating to Team projects;
- Ensure design, documentation work carried out by team members is correct and comply with codes and local authority requirements;
- Ensure various project submissions are made on time and follow up on approvals;
- Spot checks on design and documentation work carried out by others;
- Carrying out detail design and calculations of complicated areas personally and explaining the same to other engineers and technicians;
- Prepare and monitor cost and quantity estimates;
- Attend design/site meetings, including all other important meetings with Architects, Clients and Authorities
This role offers diverse, interesting and challenging work with excellent remuneration and a career path within a professional environment. We are committed to fostering a culture that empowers our people, promotes teamwork and encourages sustainability.
Working within the global Meinhardt team, this provides extensive career prospects whilst providing an environment that empowers, encourages sustainability and promotes team work, visit http://www.mfacade.com/
If the opportunity Interests you please send your Curriculum Vitae, salary expectations and a 1 page introduction letter.