Façade Access Senior Consultant / Technical Manager
This is a senior position to be based preferably in our Dubai office where the successful candidate shall provide specialist façade access advice to the entire façade group, as well as running projects alongside the façade team.
- Should have a minimum of 10 years technical experience working with either a BMU sub-contractor or other consultancy specializing in the design and application of façade access system
- Must be able to communicate clearly and professionally at a high level working with developers and architects.
- Have a clear understanding of the key Standards and Codes to the relevant line of work.
- Have strong Market awareness and insight of Façade Access though out Far East, Asia, Middle East< Australia, Europe and America.
- Must have Mechanical or Structural Qualification
- Help enhance the façade group façade access capabilities through training, establish and implement a training programs with the regional and managing director
- Produce technical notes for the various façade access systems for use by the façade group
- Develop the current façade access specifications as required, and in line with new or revised codes
- Help to develop the Meinhardt Online Learning portal in relation to façade access
- Work closely with the Managing Director, Various Regional directors and Project leads
- Promote internal collaboration between the various offices
- Investigate new methods and material to be used in façade access solutions
- Maintain relationship with existing clients and help develop relationships with new clients
- Deliver presentations to senior management, consultants and clients
- Produce relevant project specific deliverables for formal submission to the client consisting of Concept Design, Schematic Design, Detail Design Reports and specifications
- Lead the design team in relation to façade access to produce the Detail Deign Deliverables
- Carry out factory inspections of Façade access sub contractors, witness factory load testing and provide reports for formal submission to the client
- Carry out site inspections of the quality of the façade access systems during the construction stage and provide site inspection reports
- Provide training to the Façade QAQC consultants for the inspection of Façade access systems
- Liaise with the regional directors for resource planning for the various projects
- Be a leading figure in the façade access industry and be able to advise on Façade access systems, procurement and implementation
- Capable of understanding and interrogating architects and consultant’s design and specifications and specialist sub-contractor design and of proposing improvements or value engineering
- Be abreast with regulations, standards and code of practice affecting façade access design
- Able to advise on complex façade access related technical issues affecting projects
- Understanding of commercial and contractual restraints on projects and being able to advise on them accordingly
- Actively participate in a leadership role in the preparation of the façade access section of strategic bids and façade access design development phase of strategic projects
- Contribute to development of business improvement plans in relation to Façade access with the managing and regional directors
- Meet KPI’s relative to the position offered.