ESD Consultant / Senior ESD Consultant
JOB DESCRIPTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
- To lead ESD discipline projects on behalf of the Group (operating as Job Captain or Team Leader) taking ownership for sustained and productive client relationships.
- Take charge of multiple projects across the Group, taking responsibility for the ESD solutions while ensuring financial success.
- Works within a team of people within the Group and support delivery of the team’s performance and development process.
- Ensure compliance with Project Design Criteria/Client Brief/Approved Concept by preparing detailed project reports summarising sustainable concepts / outcomes and the strategies to achieve those.
- Ensure compliance with the company’s ISO Quality Procedure Manual by assisting in preparing manuals, standard details, technical notes, etc.
- Carry out computer simulations using specialised software.
- Attend meetings with architects, consultants and developers.
- Ensure high quality of sustainable design work
- Ensure efficiency of sustainable engineering production
- To develop and train less-experienced consultants or staff within the team in both general design and engineering principles and techniques for sustainable design.
- Advise the Regional Director and/or Team Leader of technical standards requiring improvement
- Liaise with other teams within the Group on relvant design issues, in particular MEP design.
- Liaise with Government Authorities or relevant Green Building Councils, for submissions.
- Assist the Regional Director and/or Team Leader in preparing fee proposals and detailed tender submissions to clients outlining the Group’s sustainable design capability.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Relevant tertiary qualification within Architectural, Consulting or Engineering (Mechanical preferred)
- Knowledge, consulting experience, and successful project management experience in the construction industry
- Good working knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations, codes of practice, and guidelines
- Analysis and intepretation skills in day lighting, solar access and solar radiation, themal modelling, comfort and energy modelling
- Knowledge and ability to implement green sustainable ratings systems including Green Mark, GBI, LEED, Greenship and other relevant sustainability rating systems
- Minimum 5 years experience in a similar role.
- Excellent interpersonal skills across all levels, both internally and externally and able to represent the company at high levels within the industry and within the Group organisation.
- Have the ability to maintain team skills to motivate and manage the team members, including the ability to be proactive and take initiatives with projects.
- Have the ability to take responsibility for one’s actions while managing workload, team and client relationships at all times.
- Communicates freely through observation and participation.
Preference for Singaporeans and PRs. Foreigners can be considered if EP can be obtained.